Light it up Blue
It’s April 2nd, time to Light it up blue ;)
I’ll be blogging blue and only blue, maybe some stuff about autism <3
Always Unique Totally Interesting Sometimes Mysterious <3
Or, how about you listen to the autistics ourselves and DON’T blog like this? Maybe instead, support autistic voices, not the greedy fear mongers at Autism Speaks?
Listen dear, my sister is autistic! so don’t tell me to listen because for this particular cause am all ears.
Second, this day - regardless who’s doing what - is to spread awareness about autism, causes of autism and how to deal with it.
We don’t have autism speak here, and I don’t care if we did .. cause I’m trying to spread awareness, cus here, there people who no nothing about autism, if you think there’s more awareness to spread ( about Autism speak) then do it! Just stop pointing at the wrong group of people.
You can start posting what ever your accusing them with, not rebloging people like me!
Alright, if you’re all ears, listen up:
- As an autistic, I do not support Autism Speaks.
- As an autistic, I do not support “Light It Up Blue”. It supports Autism Speaks and promotes us NEGATIVELY, as it drives for a cure, rather than acceptance and understanding.
- As an autistic, this campaign negatively impacts me, since it’s about the NON-AUTISTIC voices. Not the autistic voices. Like you’re doing right now.
- You don’t “deal” with autism. You ACCEPT it. You UNDERSTAND it. You SUPPORT it. You don’t “deal” with it.
- You’re every bit as liable as the people at Autism Speaks because if people like you weren’t promoting such negative information, then our lives would be significantly better.
- I have been posting this stuff for a long time. But, predictably, non-autistics don’t listen. Or you’d know there’s a whole community on Tumblr railing against people LIKE YOU right NOW.
That autism acrostic thing makes me want to punch things.
Apr 2, 2012 @ 9:01 am